Saturday, February 11, 2012

Bishops Play Defense

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052970203646004577217181415407806.html?mod=WSJ_hp_LEFTTopStories This article, by Louise Randofsky of the Wallstreet Journal recent arguments made by Catholic bishops, against Obama's new law for employers to provide contraceptives. The Catholic church argues that it is against their first amandment right to be required to provide these contraceptives, because it is agaisnt their religion. Being from a Catholic family, although I am not agaisnt contraceptives, I also do not agree with the new law, because it goes against my religion. If I do my research on this topic, I could research the situation more in depth, and also past ideas for laws that were challenged for the same reasons.

No comments:

Post a Comment